Company policy is to closely follow the information, advice and guidance published by Government (particularly for educational settings) and to adopt good practice and proportionate hygiene measures.
Cleaning and hygiene regimes
Until further notice:
- All classroom tables, boards, markers and hard surfaces will be sanitised daily.
- All surfaces in communal areas will be sanitized twice daily (including all toilets and door handles within venues).
- All learners will be told to bring their own pens.
- Any visual aids etc. will continue to be cleaned with sterilised wipes after use (as is normal practice).
People returning from high risk areas in the past 14 days
Those returning from a high-risk area within the past 14 days should self-isolate as per Government guidance and not attend an educational setting.
Any person returning from such a high-risk area will be asked to contact NHS111 (per Government guidance) and to reschedule their training without penalty.
People who are ill
All persons presenting at venues with obvious flu like symptoms will not be permitted entry and will be asked to leave.
If a learner falls ill on an event, then in line with Government guidance:
- They will be asked to remain in a side room.
- Contact will be made with NHS111, guidance will be followed and the learners looked after accordingly.
- Guidance will be sought from local Public Health Protection Teams on cleaning of venues and self-isolation of individuals.
- As good practice the location of the training and personal belongings will be sterilised as we move others to a separate area.
- All areas will be deep cleaned as soon as is practicable and before further use.
Dependent upon all factors, including advice received, particularly regards those who may have had close contact, actions will be undertaken to complete events or repatriate learners.
If we are advised a learner on a previous event has been diagnosed with COVID19 Coronavirus:
- Advice will be sought from local Public Health Protection Teams.
- We will establish who may have had close contact and self-isolate as appropriate.
- We will advise all learners on that event.
- We will clean further as necessary.
- Training events will be rescheduled with the client where necessary.
Colleagues who are ill
If any colleague knows they have had contact with a source of the virus and/or has worrying symptoms they must call NHS111 immediately. Colleagues must remain available to be contacted to ensure actions can be taken to protect other colleagues and learners as appropriate.
Until further notice, and until such time as different Government guidance is published:
- Maximum course numbers will remain unchanged subject to the cleaning regimes above.
Amended and cancelled courses
Where there is a verifiable and sound reason to request changes to any planned training the company will of course seek to work with clients to reschedule training at no penalty.
We would expect training to be rescheduled where individuals have been advised to self-isolate by the NHS, or where deep cleaning is appropriate or where it may be in line with published Government guidance.
Where practicable the company will seek to make reasonable adjustment to accommodate reasonable requests.
Arbitrary cancellations, those which are not in line with published Government guidance, will continue to be chargeable under our standard terms and conditions.